Sunday, August 14, 2016

***Blog In Progress!***

Hello and welcome to my new project! A Scroll in Time is meant to help continue the academic conversation about the various topics yet to be discussed about Japanese and American comics.

Although Japanese animation ("anime") is a subject that has become more diversely discussed in the last decade or two, between various books, journal articles, and the overall fanbase, the topic of Japanese and American comics in general has been vastly left behind. I hope to help change this and bring Japanese and American comics within the forefront of the spotlight and conversation.

As a stylistic note, I do plan on using the term "Japanese comics books" when discussing what is often cued as "manga". While I realize this is often not the preferred distinction, I feel it is important to uphold this phrase in my writings, opposed to the latter. I also plan to defend this preference in a later post. I hope you'll stay with me until then!


I'm VERY excited to start it up, but admittingly it may take a bit of time for me to get enough together to begin posting.
(Please be patient with me! >,< )

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see you taking up this task...I do remember our discussions related to comics and the insight that you've about them. Staying at Japan would just add to it so I'm super excited to see you blog and looking forward to them ...good luck (Y)

    ReplyDelete